Twice each day, you cleanse, tone, and moisturize to keep your complexion looking and feeling it’s best. Maybe you’ve even added a nourishing facial serum or eye cream to your skincare routine. That’s great! You’re doing everything you can to help keep your skin healthy, protected, and functioning at it’s best. Or are you?
If you’re using the same moisturizing cream or lotion day and night, you could be missing out. While products formulated for daytime use will help prevent moisture loss while you sleep, they’re typically formulated to protect your skin from UV damage, harsh weather conditions, and environmental pollutants. Your skin doesn’t need these protections at night.
To ensure your skin has everything it needs to rejuvenate as you sleep, your best option is using a moisturizer formulated for use at night, a night cream. Since so many conventional night creams contain harsh chemicals and compounds that can cause irritation, inflammation, and interfere with your skin’s natural ability to rejuvenate and repair, consider a nurturing, nourishing night cream formulated with soothing plant oils and active botanicals.
Anti-Aging Night Creams Replenish Lost Moisture
During the day, even with a cream or lotion, essential moisture evaporates from the surface of your skin. After you complete the cleansing and toning portion of your nightly skincare routine, your night cream provides a protective layer over the surface. Some night creams are ultra-hydrating. Others contain active ingredients that address specific skin concerns, uneven pigmentation, fine lines, or loss of firmness.
The best anti-aging night creams target moisture retention and the many potential causes of visible skin aging. Some of the other reasons to consider revitalizing your skin with a plant-based night cream include:
- Night creams tend to be richer and more emollient than creams and lotions you likely use during the day. The good news is that heavier creams that would tend to sit on the surface by day are much easier for your skin to absorb at night. To help keep the cream on your face and off your pillow, complete your nightly ritual at least an hour before turning in for the night.1
- The very act of applying a nourishing, revitalizing cream to your face each night can have considerable anti-aging benefits of its own. When you apply your night cream in a circular, upward motion, the circular motion boosts circulation to help your skin absorb the active ingredients in your product while the upward movement is said to help nurture aging skin.2
Beneficial for Every Skin Type
- Every skin type can benefit from the Age-defying potential of a high-quality night cream. While it’s important to use a product for your skin type, if you select a night cream suitable for all skin types, you’ll never have to worry about switching products to compensate for seasonal changes.
The Skin Rejuvenating Potential of Plant Botanicals
Many people assume the best anti-aging skincare ingredients are created in the lab, that the key to healthy, youthful skin can be found at the bottom of a test tube. That’s understandable. It seems that every few months, there’s a new “revolutionary” breakthrough in anti-aging skincare, a new “darling” on the market.
That’s likely why far too many people believe a natural skincare routine and products are too basic to address their most pressing skin concerns. But that’s not the case. You may be pleased to know that many of the chemicals and compounds commonly used in the health and beauty industry are formulated to mimic the effects of natural plant elements. Many people find they get better results using fewer products after switching to plant-based alternatives.
Whether your skin is dry, oily, or somewhere in between, nighttime is the best time for your skin to reap the full benefits of your skincare routine. That’s when your skin is most receptive to the active ingredients in your skincare products. Yes, with the right night cream, beauty sleep is real. To discover how a plant-powered night cream could benefit your skin, consider some of the following wholesome botanicals in BOTA™ AGE-Defying Night Cream:
- Manuka Oil is extracted from the stems and leaves of a tree native to New Zealand and south-east Asia. This natural botanical is high in antioxidants. Plus, manuka oil soothes dry skin that can cause irritation. BOTA™ Age-Defying Night Cream has the potential to keep your skin more resilient, more comfortable, more moisturized, and less likely to feel irritated.3
Ginger Root Oil
- Ginger root has been used in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for centuries. Known for its potent anti-inflammatory properties, ginger root is also shown to provide more than 40 antioxidant elements.4,5
All BOTA™ Skincare products are formulated with hemp-derived CBD, an active plant element known as a cannabinoid. Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the 113+ compounds found in hemp plants. It’s a non-intoxicating cannabinoid that has the ability to act on cannabinoid receptors that are part of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). Plant cannabinoids, also known as phytocannabinoids, bind with this system which helps regulate certain vital functions of the body, including sleep, appetite, immune, pleasure, pain, inflammation, and more!
When the ECS is in sync, the human body is able to achieve what is called homeostasis, which means your body is operating at optimal levels. In many ways, CBD-infused skincare products work just like any other CBD product, the tinctures, gummies, or capsules you might already be using. With plant-based CBD skincare, the therapeutic potential is delivered directly to receptors that may help influence the health and appearance of your skin.6
But that’s not the end of our impressive list of plant botanicals. As you sleep, your skin will also absorb the many potential skin benefits of honeysuckle, apricot kernel oil, hyaluronic acid, hibiscus, geranium oil, and more. Each of the many plant oils and extracts in BOTA™ skincare products have been hand-selected for their many potential contributions to the health and appearance of your skin.
At BOTA™, we believe everyone deserves high-quality skincare products made without harsh chemicals and fragrances. That’s why all BOTA™ CBD skincare products are made with non-GMO plant oils and extracts. To ensure the purity and potency of our CBD skincare line, all BOTA™ products are third-party tested, and US Hemp Authority™ certified.
- Daily Mail. C Stathis. (2020 May 12) How Many Skincare Products Should You Appy Before Bed? Experts Reveal Their Top Tricks for Glowing Skin and the Real Reason Why Moisturiser is a Must at Night.
- Elle. A. Baccari. (2015 April 05) Anti-Aging: The 5 Benefits of Facial Massage.
- Prevention. K Carter. (2013 July 08) The Wrinkle Fix of the Future.
- Wound Repair and Regeneration. N Bhagavathula et al. (2009 May 01) A Combination of Curcumin and Ginger Extract Improves Abrasion Wound Healing in Corticosteroid-Damaged Hairless Rats.
- Ageless Allure Medispa. (2018 August 01) The Benefits of Ginger.
- Echo Connection. (2017) CBD Has Antioxidant and Neuroprotective Properties. What Does That Mean?