When talking about a skincare routine, you’ve probably heard people mention the need to moisturize. Your skin is the largest organ your body has and it needs to be cared for just like you would any other part of you. Moisturizing is just one of the steps to keep your skin happy and should be done twice a day with a natural face moisturizer.
Why Should You Moisturize?
Moisture is important to keeping your skin tight, smooth, and young. If you’re not moisturizing your face with a natural moisturizer daily then it can become dry or even painful. Using natural face moisturizing products is also important when it comes to locking in moisture because you don’t want to cause any irritation to your skin when you’re trying to rejuvenate, that’s counterproductive.
Everyone should use some type of moisturizer, even if your skin type is oily. You may think that just because your skin is oily that this isn’t something you need, but that’s not necessarily true. Products are created to have certain skin types in mind and so even if your skin is oily you can find a moisturizer that will aid in locking in the right kind of moisture without causing clogged pores or breakouts.
How Often Should You Moisturize?
You should use a moisturizer at least once a day but ideally, you should be using it twice a day. The first step to any skin-care routine is to wash your face. Your face wash is usually a bit drying naturally because of the intended purpose of scrubbing out the dirt and other impurities that get stuck in your skin. A moisturizer is the other staple of any skincare routine because it brings back the moisture that may have been lost during the cleansing process.
A moisturizer can be used for both your morning and night routine but to get the best results you should use a separate night cream.
Best Ingredients in a Moisturizer
When you’re looking at the ingredients for a moisturizer often you will find a list of chemicals that you may not know. There are certain chemicals that can be fine to use on your skin, but often the chemicals are not helpful. This is why a natural face moisturizer is beneficial. As a guide, here are a few of the best ingredients to look for:
- Shea butter – Shea butter is one of the most commonly used ingredients in a moisturizer. It has been known to help moisturize, reduce inflammation, anti-aging, pain relief, and help with the elasticity of the skin.
- CBD – The main known benefit of using CBD as a topical treatment is reduced inflammation and pain relief.
- Honeysuckle – Honeysuckle is known to reduce inflammation and itching.
- Coconut – This ingredient can help reduce acne, inflammation, and is soothing.
- Aloe – This ingredient is most often associated with helping with burns and is also known for its soothing, acne-reducing, anti-inflammation help.
- Natural Oils – Olive oil and avocado oil are not just for cooking. Oils are effective for helping increase and lock in moisture. If you have oily skin naturally, these are ingredients that you may need to avoid.
Ingredients to Stay Away From in a Moisturizer
We’ve talked about some of the benefits of the ingredients found in skincare products, now let’s look at some ingredients that should be avoided as much as possible:
- Parabens – Parabens are a big no-no in a skin product and should be completely avoided. They are known to cause increased skin sensitivity and in some cases even cancer.
- Synthetic fragrance – Irritation and breakouts are commonly associated with added fragrance.
- Aluminum – Aluminum can cause damage to the skin.
- Talc – Talc is recognized as safe to use in skin care products but it can be linked to some forms of lung cancer, therefore if it is possible to avoid this chemical you should.
Bota’s CBD infused products are designed to bring you the best natural face moisturizers possible. CBD is added to possibly enhance the effects of the other natural ingredients. Shop our face moisturizers to find the right ones to fit your skin type and skin needs.